Highlights: Microsoft Azure, cloud
Package: Competitive plus superb benefits
Our client provides industry-proven experienced Microsoft Architects that personally own and deliver elements from a set of services focused on assessing current and future needs for their customers with a focus on Microsoft products. As an Azure Architect, you will get an opportunity to develop into broader Microsoft technologies. Our client also has a variety of technical platform expertise, including SAP, Oracle, Open source, Salesforce. You will be a part of Global practice and be involved and provide leadership at the global level. Our client holds regular sessions with Microsoft Peat teams to understand the way forward for the Microsoft roadmaps and promote active encouragement to build relationships with 3rd parties.
All applicants must be either UK citizens or have lived in the UK for 5 years as SC clearance eligibility is a requirement of the role.
Day-to-day responsibilities include;
- co-operates with senior clients, conducting investigations at a high level for IT strategy studies and feasibility studies to meet the customer stated requirements,
- takes responsibility for investigative work to seek effective business solutions.
- develops architectural views and migration option solutions,
- participates in pre-issue peer reviews and post-issue delivery reviews, utilising business experience and skills to assess and advise on the viability of alternatives,
- organises implementation through improvements in information systems, data management, processes/procedures, organisation and equipment;
- applies and supervises the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, e.g., TOGAF, BCS ES&A, and continuous process improvement.
- builds strong relationships with account and other technical groups (offshore and onshore), ensures the customer and internal partners stay informed on progress and choices available to them throughout the lifecycle of a solution.
Desirable skills & experience:
- You will have a proven track record of successfully defining and articulating solutions based on the entire Microsoft Azure platform, cloud, hybrid solutions with ‘on premise’ aspects, or on-premise messaging and collaboration.
- Able to gain or currently hold UK Security Clearance to ‘SC’ level.
- Your knowledge and experience should include many or all of the following:
- Successfully defining, designing, and delivering enterprise solutions that embrace the entire Microsoft Azure platform
- Business knowledge and context of the use and value of Azure
- Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Azure Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Articulation of IaaS, PaaS, FaaS and SaaS, and their business benefits
- Azure, hybrid and on-premise commercials and their implications
- Migration strategies and planning
- Ability to demonstrate the costing of Azure
- Use of Azure DevSecOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Integration with other Microsoft products such as O365
- Use of Azure monitoring the security tooling
- Demonstrable successful experience in producing detailed component specifications from Business and/or IS systems architectures, taking into consideration the intended uses of the architectures as a whole, translating component specifications into detailed designs for implementation, as necessary using selected products, and where appropriate developing product short-lists and evaluation criteria for use in product selection with proven analytical ability and attention to detail.
- A good understanding of the commercial stages for Bid processes and RFC (Request For Change), along with experience of responding and delivering to CCNs (Change Control Notice)
- Experience using Azure Synapse and Data Bricks
- Demonstrable working experience in a business analyst/software engineering/technical engineer position
- Microsoft Certified in Azure