Immediate interviews !!!
Highlights: Architectural advisory, Microsoft Cloud, Azure, M365, DevOps, Agile
Superb benefits including 25 days holiday, private medical, private accident insurance, and Share scheme from time to time plus plus.
Our client is a global leader in digital transformation, expert in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions.
They are looking to add a platform architect with expertise across the Azure and the M365 Microsoft Platform, a background in operating in highly secure environments and familiarity with Azure services. The architect will develop into broader Microsoft technologies, advising and directing customers on the use of the full suite of Microsoft technologies. You will be a part of Global practice and be involved and provide leadership at the global level. Our client holds regular sessions with Microsoft Peat teams to understand the way forward for the Microsoft roadmaps and promote active encouragement to build relationships with 3rd parties.
All applicants must be either UK citizens or have lived in the UK for 5 years as SC clearance eligibility is a requirement of the role.
The Microsoft Practice Platform Architect will provide architectural advisory and support to our client’s key account, embedded into a team currently working with the client and directly engage with customers.
The Platform Architect;
- owns the Microsoft platform enterprise architecture across Azure and M365,
- drives the innovation agenda in conjunction with Microsoft and with client’s industry areas,
- provides leadership to senior client partners in respect to conducting investigations at a high level for IT strategy and feasibility studies to meet the customer stated requirements and Microsoft practices,
- engages with M365 Architects and Azure Architects to ensure that the full platform integration is established and managed,
- ensures that the Platform is serviceable and is maintained to service needs,
- takes ownership for investigative work to seek effective business solutions,
- develops architectural views and migration option solutions,
- participates in pre-issue peer reviews and post-issue delivery reviews, utilising business experience and skills to assess and advise on the viability of alternatives,
- coordinates implementation through improvements in information systems, data management, processes/procedures, organisation, and equipment,
- applies and supervises required modelling and analysis tools, methods, products, and standards- TOGAF, BCS ES&A, and continuous process improvement,
- builds strong relationships with Global Microsoft / Company’s Industries CTO community/Account and other Global technical groups/practice areas ensures the customer and internal partners stay informed on progress
Alongside, and in parallel with, the assignment role, all Microsoft Practice Architects develop themselves and the UK Microsoft Practice through training, knowledge transfer, contributing to collaborative forums and technical documentation repositories, building collateral, and desiring excellence in performance.
Essential skills & experience:
- A proven track record of successfully defining and articulating solutions based on the entire Microsoft Cloud Platform (Azure/M365), cloud, hybrid solutions with ‘on premise’ aspects
- 5 years of experience across and Architectural understanding of the Microsoft Cloud platform including Azure and M365 component range
- Architectural understanding of Azure and M365 Component areas and business knowledge of it Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Operations, IoT, Endpoint Management, Data Migration, Teams, Server, Machine Learning, Compute, DevOps, Containers, Identity Management, Databases, InTune, M365, Dynamics CRM, PowerAutomate, PowerBI, PowerApps, Stream, WIn10, Media, Mixed reality, Mobility, Web, Messaging Systems, Messaging Channels, Systems Management, Messaging Routing, SQL, Containers, Companies, Integration, Cloud Adoption Framework, PowerShell. MCAS, Sentinel, Lighthouse
- Demonstrable successful experience in producing detailed component specifications from Business and IS systems architectures, taking into consideration the intended uses of the architectures as a whole, translating component specifications into detailed designs for implementation
- Willing to undertake UK-wide travel as required
- At least 3+ years’ experience of the commercial stages for Bid processes (approx. £5m+ in value) and RFC (Request For Change), along with experience of responding and delivering to CCNs (Change Control Notice). \
- Excellent understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and methodologies including DevOps and Agile.
Desirable but not essential:
Degree level educated or equivalent