£50-60,000 + superb benefits including 25 days holiday, private medical, private accident insurance, and Share scheme from time to time plus plus.
VARIOUS LOCATIONS: flexible working (Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leeds, Telford, and Worthing) Customer visits to one of the mentioned cities are required.
AGILE, SCRUM,DEVELOPS FUNCTIONAL AUTOMATION/ NON-FUNCTIONAL SOFTWARE TESTING
Our client is truly an exceptional employer with an outstanding reputation and because of their success offer almost limitless career progression and opportunities. This division of the group, the Application Modernisation division, is all about understanding the customers business and technology with a new business model and ecosystem, true transformation.
All Applicants must be either UK citizens or have lived in the UK for 5 years because SC clearance eligibility is an essential requirement.
Growing the capabilities of our client, UK Public Sector, to work with their clients on their digital transformation journey. The role will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team ensuring accelerated application development.
The divisions manage, enhance, and maintain custom applications or packaged software by incorporating smart automation & robotics, the use of Agile and DevOps methodologies and a drive for continuous delivery & deployment. With an integrated, comprehensive approach to application development, application management and testing, they focus on adding value to the business and IT and seek team members with proven experience working with Agile/Scrum, DevOps, and Robotic Process Automation.
They are looking for Senior Test Analyst to join the team. This is a professional who specialises in functional and non-functional software testing and is responsible for designing test cases, developing and executing test scenarios, and reporting of defects. Is able to handle small modules and assign tasks to team members and assist in the overall completion of the project.
The Test Analyst works under the coordination of the Test Lead and assists with tasks such as estimating, risk management, defect monitoring, planning and prioritization within their area of responsibility.
- Crafts test cases assuring the full coverage of the customer requirements of a project or service, applying the appropriate testing techniques.
- Develops and reviews high-quality and accurate test scenarios, inputs test data and encouraged results for all test phases.
- Assimilates promptly the details of multiple new systems and applies these to the project testing requirements.
- Takes ownership in the identification of discrepancies in functionality during test preparation (working from requirements and functional specification documents) and clarifies these to resolution with the corresponding project members. e.g. mapping an issue with a baselined functional specification and suggesting a solution.
- Implements all of the standard processes and tooling laid down by the organization. Proactively leads approach to the implementation of testing standard methodologies within the project team.
- Quality control of test deliverables built by Testers and less experienced Test Analysts. Devises improvements for current procedures.
- Proactively assists the Test Lead in monitoring and tracking defects across the testing lifecycle. Reports test results with an initial investigation of the defect to provide a solution to the developer or team/project lead by investigating logs, displaying defects on the test environment, etc.
- Support the Lead with test closure reports and gaining sign-off from key stakeholders.
- Provides advice and mentorship to less experienced colleagues.
- Takes ownership of being persistent in the achievement of assigned goals, maintaining focus during stressful periods or when deadlines are short and act as a role model.
- Proven track record and relevance in software testing and solid experience using tools such as Selenium and Cucumber and Java as a programming language
- Good knowledge of Agile methodology and prior experience in an Agile environment
- Testing Management Tooling Certification: HPQC or similar
- Testing Process Certification: ISTQB Foundation or equivalent (required) and ISTQB Advanced recommended
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, ability to optimally manage relationship with partners using remote tools